SOLVED Unable to access WEBGUI through BOND when not connected through non-bond connection

AMANN

Cadet
Hello, I recently installed TRUENAS scale and am attempting to use the LAG functionality with LACP. Currently I have configured the connection from the NAS (running 2x XG-C100F SFP+ NICs; interfaces enp2s0 and enp4s0, using DHCP, assigned IP address 192.168.1.100 through router DHCP assignment), they are connected to my MicroTik CRS317-1G-16S+RM switch through SFP+ interfaces 9 & 10. SFP+ interfaces 9 & 10 are bonded on the switch side through 802.3ad mode. I also have a 1.25gbe nic which is connected to a netgear JGS524E which is also connected to the CRS-317 this was my primary connection during setup and is the only connection that isn't the bonded NICs (Operating under static ip of 192.168.1.110 . This network is running under my Google Fiber Router, which picks up the presence of both the 1.25gbe nic (192.168.1.110) and the bonded connection (192.168.1.100).
I tried setting up an SMB/CIFS share and transferring some files over from my desktop, and this worked fine, but I saw that all the traffic was running through the 1.25gbe nic instead of the bond. (The switch recognizes TX/RX from the Bond, so does TRUENAS) I decided to test the bond connection (192.168.1.100) using this IP to connect to the webgui when the 1.25gbe nic is connected works fine, but does not work when the 1.25gbe nic is not connected. I am currently seeking a solution to allow me to only use the bond, or to prioritize traffic through the bond.

Other info: The bond currently has an MTU of 9000, and should have a theoretical connection of 20000mbps to the switch (might not be correct).

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
You have 2 interfaces on the same subnet, which results in asymmetric traffic through both interfaces. This won't work, and results in the behavior you've experienced.

AMANN

Cadet
You have 2 interfaces on the same subnet, which results in asymmetric traffic through both interfaces. This won't work, and results in the behavior you've experienced.
I understand that. I tried to use the Bond as the only connection, but I couldn't access the web gui, that's the main problem.

AMANN

Cadet
OK it seems like the problem was the 1.25gbe link. You were correct! Thanks very much!