SOLVED Unable to access Jail from outside using Movistar Internet Provider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kensab

Dabbler
Hello everyone,
I have a server configured with FreeNAS-11.0-U2 (e417d8aa5)
On this server I have 2 Jails (standard type) configured with Apache. One for PHP5.6 (lamp01) and one for PHP 7.1 (famp7).
The problem I have is access from outside and punctually from a specific provider: Movistar.
I can not detect the problem but in summary if someone enters the url of any of the Jails and uses as a supplier anyone other than Movistar (Orange, Vodafone, Jazztel, Etc) can access without problem. But as the user has movistar as it returns a 405.
Honestly I'm new to this and I have no idea where to start looking. And obviously it puzzles me to see that anyone who does not use Movistar can access without problems.

Any ideas?

PS: Sorry My bad english

My Configuration
Build FreeNAS-11.0-U2 (e417d8aa5)
Platform Quad-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2373 EE
Memory 32729MB

Best Regards!

Bolopez

Contributor
Not much information, but I can tell you that I have a similar setup with a NextCloud standard jail and Movistar FO and everything works fine. I can access my home NextCloud from everywhere.

Does it happens from any movistar connection or from a specific one? I had some trouble when accessing from my office due to our corporate proxy.

Maybe you could use DDNS and provide a DNS URL. That's what I'm doing.

Regards.

kensab

Dabbler
It only happens with connections from Movistar and cable users. If they use a connection from the mobile (3G, 4G) if they access ok no matter what is Movistar
I also use DDNS for urls and I have the port forwarding ok. In fact the rest of users have no problems accessing.
Best Regards

Bolopez

Contributor
Movistar FO uses private DNS servers in order to access IPTV. Could you try with some client changing the DNS server to Google's (8.8.8.8)? Just to discard DNS problems...

kensab

Dabbler
Movistar FO uses private DNS servers in order to access IPTV. Could you try with some client changing the DNS server to Google's (8.8.8.8)? Just to discard DNS problems...
Ok Tomorrow I Try do this in the router of one friend with movistar and Try again access.

How are you attempting to access the Plex media when outside the home. Using www.plex.tv and logging in or by going directly to your server address? If you are trying to use DDNS to get in try doing it instead by going to Plex.tv and then click launch once logged in and I bet it will work.

I also have to agree that the DNS is likely the issue and it is a good idea to have DNS from a couple different sources to get around the problem. I tend to pick three different DNS servers from different sources and drop them in my router so that if one is acting up in any way the chances all three will have the same issue is pretty low.

Bolopez

Contributor
I also have to agree that the DNS is likely the issue and it is a good idea to have DNS from a couple different sources to get around the problem. I tend to pick three different DNS servers from different sources and drop them in my router so that if one is acting up in any way the chances all three will have the same issue is pretty low.

The problem with Movistar is that if you are using hteir IPTV service, you MUST use their servers: the IPTV servers are accessed by their name and their IP addresses are private ones (in the 172.16.x.x range). I'm not having problems with this setup but maybe there are some...

The problem with Movistar is that if you are using hteir IPTV service, you MUST use their servers: the IPTV servers are accessed by their name and their IP addresses are private ones (in the 172.16.x.x range). I'm not having problems with this setup but maybe there are some...

Well you have to use at least one of their servers. Doing this in a router has a couple advantages as well. Every computer and device on the network sees an advantage if they are forwarding DNS requests to the router and most routers have an inbuilt feature where all DNS requests are sent to all the servers listed and the first one to send a good response will have the information forwarded to the client. So anything that is IPTV related will automatically be sent along to the device making the request and the external servers will fail to send anything and have a poor response time. On top of that anything that is sent to their DNS servers that records are not available for should take longer and then fail allowing the external server to be the first response making the other problem go away.

kensab

Dabbler
I tried, but I still have no access

kensab

Dabbler
How are you attempting to access the Plex media when outside the home. Using www.plex.tv and logging in or by going directly to your server address? If you are trying to use DDNS to get in try doing it instead by going to Plex.tv and then click launch once logged in and I bet it will work.

Well you have to use at least one of their servers. Doing this in a router has a couple advantages as well. Every computer and device on the network sees an advantage if they are forwarding DNS requests to the router and most routers have an inbuilt feature where all DNS requests are sent to all the servers listed and the first one to send a good response will have the information forwarded to the client. So anything that is IPTV related will automatically be sent along to the device making the request and the external servers will fail to send anything and have a poor response time. On top of that anything that is sent to their DNS servers that records are not available for should take longer and then fail allowing the external server to be the first response making the other problem go away.
I did not say I used Plex. That is not my case. Thanks also.

kensab

Dabbler
I can add strange behavior. If you access a page with very little content (few bytes) in that case you can see it now if the page is a little larger and no longer access and causes the 405.
Attached Image with the testing and a final screen form other carrier with the content of many_files folder... :(
2forofreenas.jpg

Bolopez

Contributor
Wow! That means you have no DNS problem, but if you can get there and, for some reason, not the whole page is loaded, there must be some strange problem around. I think you should start looking at your servers log. Put it in debug mode if it has one and check logs after trying to access from a Movistar client.

kensab

Dabbler
Before Thanks to all. The problem has been solved!
The clients with problem in access have MTU in 1500.
If I change the value to 1458 All have access OK

In Linux/FreeBSD/ARMBian...
sudo ifconfig eth0 mtu 1458

And in Windows client
  1. Execute CMD.exe as Administrator
  2. netsh interface ipv4 show subinterface
  3. Take a note of Interface name
  4. netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "YOURNAMEOFINTERFACE" mtu=1458 store=persistent
Best Regards
Clip2net_170907084012.png

Status
Not open for further replies.