Unable to access assigned web interface

Darkshooter

Cadet
I have TruNAS installed and connected via ethernet to my modem and the web interface is set to 0.0.0.27. But when i enter that info into my web browser it takes me to my search engine searching for the address i typed in. Also tried 10.0.0.27 but it could not find a page at that address

jlpellet

Patron
Far from an expert but here are some things to look at.

1. How is IP assigned - local static or from DHCP? I've not had much luck with local static - I assign an IP fixed to the MAC in my DHCP server. Would not expect 0.xxx to work since not private range.

2. What OS/browser are you using? What IP is it (e.g., in same range as TN)?

3. Can you ping or tracert to the TN?

4. Have you rebooted TN (so network sees a new address registering)?

Good luck.
John

Darkshooter

Cadet
Far from an expert but here are some things to look at.

1. How is IP assigned - local static or from DHCP? I've not had much luck with local static - I assign an IP fixed to the MAC in my DHCP server. Would not expect 0.xxx to work since not private range.

2. What OS/browser are you using? What IP is it (e.g., in same range as TN)?

3. Can you ping or tracert to the TN?

4. Have you rebooted TN (so network sees a new address registering)?

Good luck.
John
Well i just figured out that on my modem, it was showing my trunas connection as reserved ip instead of dhcp. changed it just now so trying to see if it works

Darkshooter

Cadet
using google chrome on my main computers and not sure how to ping the TN. Tried rebooting the Trunas computer several times.

Darkshooter

Cadet
ok after much research and troubleshooting i figured out how to set a static IP address and am now able to access the console