Can't access the web interface. It always show time out.

Patrick Siu

Cadet
I used bootup USB to install truenas core on SSD. The installation was successfully. The console setup show the web interface IP Address. When I used a separate computer on the same network with browser to access the web interface IP address, it always show time out. Even though I configured Network Interface with static IP address. I try to ping the IP address. It also responded the request time out. Please help me to solve the problem.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
The console setup show the web interface IP Address
Can you specify what that address is?
Is it an address on your network?
Did the address come from DHCP?

ThreeDee

Guru
list your setup too .. multiple nics maybe?

pschatz100

Guru
When you specify a static IP address, don't forget that you also have to specify the Subnet mask and Default gateway parameters. For a simple IPv4 network (most home networks), the subnet mask will likely be 255.255.255.0 and the Default gateway will likely be your router.

If you are not certain what these need to be, I suggest you reconfigure the static IP for DHCP and let your router assign values. You can then either reassign the IP on your server as a static IP and enter the appropriate Subnet mask and Default gateway values, or reserve the IP address in your router which will keep the server address from changing.

...and please, include your system description

Patrick Siu

Cadet
Thank you everybody. I reset the default network setting. It showed the correct IP address. I can access the Web Interface now.