Cannot acess the WEB interface from local ip, only from public ip

Jony

Dabbler
Your TrueNAS and your desktop system should be able to communicate. Period. Can you connect them without going through your router? Gigabit Ethernet has mandatory MDI/MDI-X detection, so you don't need a special cable. Just plug in. If you can ping and connect to the UI, you won't have Internet, but we can at least come to the conclusion that it is your router that is fishy.

In wifi it is a common feature to enforce "client isolation". I.e. systems connected to the same access point cannot communicate with each other. I have yet to see a router that by default does the same for wired connections, but ... possibly.
Well i actually have seen this with my previus ISP and their router aswell, just that time i was hosting MC servers not truenas

Sure I can plug them into eachother, but do I have to do any other configuring? Like Without a DHCP server whats gonna be the IP? Just asking beforehand as i have never done something like this.

Jony

Dabbler
Well i tried just connecting the two together and restarting my truenas computer, but after doing so it says the WEB interface is at 0.0.0.0, wich im pretty sure is not going to work, so please help me, what do i need to do now

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Nobody asked for the IP address of his desktop/laptop system he is using to connect to the UI, so far. So that's what I'm doing now. What is the IP address of your local machine?
Yes they did... ;)
Also, what's the IP address of your PC? is it in the same subnet range? 192.168.1.x ?

This whole thing is bizarre.

sretalla