Ubantu not booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew076

Patron
I am using FreeNAS-11.1-U6. There was a recent patch that came out and once applied a day or so latter I noticed that Ubuntu was not loading. I had had an issue with it in the past after an update so I figured it must have finally given up. No worries I set about to install it (I am using ubuntu-16.04.4-desktop-amd64.iso), did the install, removed the CD Device and rebooted. But it seems frozen now on that purple screen.

It was only after this that I thought maybe the FreeNAS updated did something.

Anyone else notice this?

joeschmuck

Old Man
Could you please explain where Ubuntu is installed, a jail, iohyve, etc... Maybe offer up any settings/customizations as well. Was the patch installed to Ubuntu or are you saying you upgraded to U6 and that caused the issue? Have you tried to roll back to U5 to see if that fixes the issue?

Andrew076

Patron
I installed Ubuntu using these instructions https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...plan-in-an-ubuntu-16-04-vm-on-freenas-v11.65/

I remembered there was an issue with an update to Ubuntu that would make it not work, so I am trying it again, but I deselected the "update" during installation. Unfortunately I didn't think of rolling back to U5 until after I deleted Ubuntu and started this all over...

It is going through the install right now (again) without the update option turned on. If it doesn't boot, I will roll back to U5 and see if it boots then and post.

Andrew076

Patron
I am at a loss.

I installed ubuntu-16.04.4 using the instructions above
unchecked the Update during install

then I rolled back to U5

Everything installs, I get the restart message and delete the CD Device

I get the start up menu and select different options but that is as far as it gets.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Status
Not open for further replies.