VM not auto-starting, already unchecked the "delay VM boot" function

tullnd

Cadet
I have an Ubuntu VM on Freenas 11.2 U5. I had the issue originally where I had to go to devices, VNC Edit, and uncheck Delay VM Boot until VNC Connects. It's still unchecked.

I thought that issue was weird, since on the VM screen, that little slider was always pushed to the "running" state and lit up, which I took to mean the VM was actually running, but fine.

However, I noticed now, that when I come back to my VM after a few days, it's inaccessible. I first notice it because I can't load applications from the VM via their web consoles. Then I try to putty in and I'm unsuccessful. The VM is still marked in "running" state. However, if I execute the VNC function via the option in the Freenas VM interface, it launches the VNC page, and there's a noticeable wait(I assume the VM is loading), before the VNC interface for the VM loads and prompts me to login.

I've powered off the VM. Restarted it. I've rebooted the entire FreeNas server. What am I missing? I need this VM to run continuously.

And before it's suggested, yes, I'd prefer to run a Jail, but some of the apps are finicky and not regularly updated on FreeBSD, so Ubuntu should theoretically make for less headaches (if this actually works for me).

D

dlavigne

Anything related to the VM failure in /var/log/messages? You may have to go back a bit if you're not sure when the VM actually failed.