Two sets of snapshots are being created but only one snapshot task

jay413

Cadet
I recently created a new replication task. This is the first replication task created on this system. I'm replicating from a FreeNAS-11.3-RELEASE NAS to a TrueNAS-12.0-U8. The replication wizard instructed me to created a snapshot task since none existed. I executed the replication task. The task took several days to complete but did complete successfully, but upon examining the snapshots there are two sets being created, each with distinct naming styles. However, there is only one snapshot tasks and only one replication task.

Example of snapshots as seen in the GUI:

Dataset Snapshot
Data/NameX auto-2022-09-11_00-00
Data/NameX auto-2022-09-12_00-00
Data/NameX auto-20220911.0415-2w
Data/NameX auto-20220912.0415-2w

As I expected, the first two snapshots are created by the snapshot task created by the replication task. These are replicated to the TrueNAS NAS correctly. However, I don't know what is creating the last two as there is only one snapshot task. These (correctly) are not be replicated. The following is the complete contents of the Snapshot Task and Replication Task as shown in the GUI.

Periodic Snapshot Task
Pool/Dataset Recursive Naming Schema Enabled State
Data/NameX no auto-%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M yes Finished

Replication Tasks
Name Direction State Last Snapshot

Data/NameX - Data/NameXBackup PUSH Finished Data/NameX@auto-2022-09-12_00-00

I've attached pictures showing the settings for both the snapshot task and replication task, in case that helps.

I appreciate any help. Thank you all in advance.

Attachments

• ReplicationTaskDetailsPart1of2.png
    ReplicationTaskDetailsPart1of2.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 83
  • ReplicationTaskDetailsPart2of2.png
    ReplicationTaskDetailsPart2of2.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 90
  • SnapshotTaskDetails.png
    SnapshotTaskDetails.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 88

jay413

Cadet
I'll clarify my questions:
1. Why do I have two sets of snapshots but only one snapshot task shown in the GUI?
2. How do I remove or disable the task that is creating the second set of snapshots (the ones ending in -2w) when there is no snapshot task in the GUI for these?

sretalla