Trying to setup new Plex Server, but it keeps reconnecting to my existing.

StorageGuru

Cadet
I've got the latest TrueNAS Scale NAS, and i'm using the latest Plex App.
When i 1st installed it, I did put in the Token and claim.
But i've tried removing and re-adding Plex several times since, creating new datasets for the Plex cfg.

No matter what, when I launch the app, it takes me in to my other Plex server on the LAN.

Is there anything I can do to get the Plex instance on the App to break away in to its own entity?

I'm trying to transition my libraries over to the NAS and off my windows desktop.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

StorageGuru

Cadet
Now i'm really confused... I stopped the container services, removed the ix-application dataset entirely. Re-assigned the pool to apps, which re-created the ix-applications. Fresh install of Plex, didnt add the claim token, and sure enough it just connects to my existing plex server when i open the web portal.

StorageGuru

Cadet
For reference my existing Plex server is Windows based at 10.0.0.5
My new Plex server is TrueNAS Scale App based at 10.40.0.8

However, when I go to 10.40.0.8:32400 it takes me in to my existing cached user linked only to the existing server.

StorageGuru

Cadet
Well few days of doing the same thing over and over seemed to work..

In the end, re-adding the app -AND- doing the claim token worked to get the initial login of the new plex to go to the new server setup wizard and allow me to link it to my existing account, where I can manage and maintain both side by side as I needed.