Trying to get the Emby docker app working using the built-in docker image

Bingie

Cadet
Hi all,

I've run into a permissions problem. The TrueNAS "Launch Docker Image" pulls the official emby package, installs and runs it just fine.

The problem is the emby app is run as user bin, which doesn't have access to the media files I setup in the TrueNAS samba shares directories.

I tried adding user bin to group builtin_users, but that didn't do it. The docker interface needs a permissions option in the Edit menu. I hope they add that soon.

In the meantime, I'm trying to avoid dropping into a shell, and messing with permissions manually. I'd prefer to stick to the interface.

Also, I don't want to run a VM and run emby that way... kind of defeats the whole purpose of docker.

I'd appreciate any suggestions at this point.

Thanks

Heracles

Wizard
If your data are concentrated on a dedicated dataset, you can overwrite the permission on the entire dataset from the GUI. Other way, this is the kind of stuff to get right from the first time: proper permissions and mask configured on the share before actually using the shares. Now that you realize that you missed that one, it is not too bad to fix it from the CLI.

Bingie

Cadet
Thank you for the reply.

Instead of running docker apps as user bin, it would be nice if a separate user was created for each docker app, so we could assign permissions directly for each user. That could be added to the GUI as well. Just a thought.