Truenas Scale zpool offline after reboot

sarieri

Cadet
Hi,

Does anyone know why zpool randomly goes offline after reboot? Never had any of this problem in Truenas Core. I can import using Cli without any problem when this problem happens. But it will happen randomly after each reboot. I did multiple clean export in GUI so that should not be the problem

sarieri

Cadet
It pops this up in GUI everytime zpools go offline.
Code:
Failed to configure kubernetes cluster for Applications: Missing "Micron/ix-applications/k3s, Micron/ix-applications/releases, Micron/ix-applications/docker" dataset(s) required for starting kubernetes.
2022-08-30 16:55:18 (America/New_York)

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
How are you rebooting? Via the UI, or directly from SSH via shutdown -r now? The correct way to reboot via SSH is midclt call system.reboot -job.

sarieri

Cadet
How are you rebooting? Via the UI, or directly from SSH via shutdown -r now? The correct way to reboot via SSH is midclt call system.reboot -job.
I reboot in GUI.

Samuel Tai

Details of your hardware and pool(s), please, per the Forum Rules.

sarieri

Cadet

Samuel Tai

Is your Micron pool attached to either of your HBAs or to your motherboard SATA ports? This sounds like a timing issue.

sarieri

Cadet
Is your Micron pool attached to either of your HBAs or to your motherboard SATA ports? This sounds like a timing issue.
Just checked it. All 5 Microns and the boot-pool drive are attached to onboard sata controller. 11 WDC drives are attached to HBA card and all 5 HGST drives are attached to HBA cards. There is one last WDC drive connected to onboard sata controller as well since there are only 16 ports available on two HBA cards.

sarieri

Cadet
I figured that this has something to do with truecharts. After remove truecharts from catalog. This problem seems no longer exist, but that contradicts to the point of migrating to truenas scale, so I guess I will just roll back to core.