TrueNAS SCALE with Docker Containers: Access Issues on Custom Port via Reverse Proxy

Jackal9403

Cadet
Hello everyone,

I'm reaching out to the community to find solutions or suggestions regarding a challenge I'm facing. I've set up several Docker containers on TrueNAS SCALE and am having difficulties accessing them through a reverse proxy setup.

My TrueNAS SCALE instance hosts several Docker containers, each with its designated service. Each of these services has a unique domain name and associated SSL certificates. I'm using a reverse proxy to manage and route traffic to these domain names.

Initially, when trying to access any of my containerized services through their domain names, I was redirected to the TrueNAS login page, which was operating on port 443. To address this, I decided to shift the TrueNAS listening port to 444. However, post this adjustment, not only am I unable to access TrueNAS via its hostname, but also can't access my container services when accessed via their domain names. Direct access using individual IPs and ports for each container works perfectly.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

1. Ascertained that all containers are responsive and accessible when approached directly using their IPs and ports.
2. Thoroughly reviewed the configurations of my reverse proxy, ensuring correct routing for all services. Only TrueNAS and the Docker containers appear to be affected.
3. Both the reverse proxy and TrueNAS services were restarted after any configuration changes to ensure all updates were in effect.
4. As a precautionary step, I cleared my browser cache and retried accessing the domains, but the issue persists.

sretalla