TrueNAS Scale Poor performance

racskobalazs

Cadet
Hi all,

I've recently switched to Scale from Core, and I'm experiencing some performance issuses.

Firtsly, the installed apps are not always starting up properly, in a big portion of time after restart, or cold start, they are just hanging in "deploying" state (for hours and longer), and a repeated restart is needed to solve the issue. Apps installed: GiTea, Plex Server and qBittorrent.

Secondly, the performance of the brought pool is kind of not very good. For example, on the attached image you see an SMB transfer of ~20gigs of file, on a gigabit port. It started out fine, and around the half it started slowing down to 40, 20mb/s, or even stalling completely to 0bytes/sec for several seconds (or minutes). Also using nearly all of the CPU capacity, hence it's not that big of a task to do... Same for torrent application, whereas I could run 10s of torrents on the Core version, I'm happy running 1 on the Scale and getting half the speed my ISP provides... And after the transfers finish, I still end up 30-50% cpu (1 or 2 cores sometimes 100%) when the system is completely idling (no apps, no scrub or other tasks, nothing).

Does anyone else have these problems? Can it be fixed with some settings tweaking?

Thank you in advance.

Sys info:
Ryzen 5 2400G Processor
16Gig of 3200MHz RAM
3x2TB HDD in RaidZ1 Pool
250G Boot NVME SSD

Attachments

• truenas_scale_bug.png
    truenas_scale_bug.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 198