TrueNAS SCALE and Apps - Network Configuration Question

theprez

Explorer
Hello,

First time using one of the preconfigured "charts" apps - and selected Plex. Setup was fairly straightforward but either I'm missing something, my understanding is incorrect or there's something with the setup occurring (I'm guessing its one fo the first two).

During the setup, under Network, it asks under Networking: "Configure Host Network" - checking or unchecking this box doesn't seem to affect the behavior of plex. The GUI loads with the same IP (the TrueNAS IP) regardless of this box.

I'd like for Plex to be on it's own DHCP IP address - for firewall and logging purposes but I don't see an option for that. My assumption was that the box being unchecked meant it would get it's own IP or I could statically assign on. The box being checked I assumed meant it would mirror the TrueNAS IP address.

Any thoughts on the above? Is my understanding of that checkmark box correct and it's simply not working?

Thanks

truecharts

Guru
Hello,

First time using one of the preconfigured "charts" apps - and selected Plex. Setup was fairly straightforward but either I'm missing something, my understanding is incorrect or there's something with the setup occurring (I'm guessing its one fo the first two).

During the setup, under Network, it asks under Networking: "Configure Host Network" - checking or unchecking this box doesn't seem to affect the behavior of plex. The GUI loads with the same IP (the TrueNAS IP) regardless of this box.

I'd like for Plex to be on it's own DHCP IP address - for firewall and logging purposes but I don't see an option for that. My assumption was that the box being unchecked meant it would get it's own IP or I could statically assign on. The box being checked I assumed meant it would mirror the TrueNAS IP address.

Any thoughts on the above? Is my understanding of that checkmark box correct and it's simply not working?

Thanks

Seperate IP's would be the option to directly connect an interface in the "Launch Docker" interface.
But simply put, not all options are available for all Apps.

The official Plex Apps does not support what you want to do.
Ours does allow you to do so in two ways (directly connected interfaces and MetalLB), but are support staff is not available to help out if you run into issues with that.