Truenas incredibly slow upload speed

clement

Dabbler
Hello,
I'm struggling with upload speeds on SMB/AFP/webdav whatever transfer protocol since I updated to Truenas

Basically, I've used Freenas for many years without a single issue, fast transfer speeds, recently I replaced my pool with bigger disks, and decided to update to Truenas (coming from Freenas 9).

Since then I'm caped at 355Ko/s upload speed on any transfer protocol, the download speeds are fine, I tried formatting the pool on a fresh install of Truenas 12, also tried Freenas 11.3 and same issue.
Right now I have the most basic setup with one empty dataset, one smb share with a fresh install, and ridiculously slow uploads. My CPU load is below 10%, my hardware is all compatible with Truenas with 12gb of ECC ram, one intel NIC, supermicro motherboard etc.

No issues on my network, two days before my updates, I could get 100x times upload thoses speeds.
I'm really looking for help because I can't see what I can do more than a new pool on a fresh install, on a proven hardware...

Thanks

drinking12many

Contributor
Yeah I am having issues i can hit 11MB/s but that's about it.. I have also been having other weird network issues including my router becoming unpingable.... but if I turn off/reboot the Nas I can ping it again... something weird going on.

drinking12many

Contributor
I have managed to narrow down with fair certainty in my case SMB is causing my issue at least in strong part. If I try to copy a file from my desktop to the NAS, as soon as it starts copying I can't ping my router or access the internet. If I stop the copy, or turn off the SMB service they are fine. Speed during the copy are about 11MB/s but this whole behaviour is just strange.

MikeyG

Patron
I've had pretty bad performance issues with 12 on SMB/iSCSI but nothing that locks up the NAS or my network.

drinking12many

Contributor
Yeah it is weird but I can recreate it on a whim... i changed the setting on my shares for the "purpose" field to "default share parameters" and it seems to have stopped killing my router at least so far but its still extremely slow.

clement

Dabbler
My transfer speeds miraculously came back somehow, but now my Freenas box keeps going unresponsive for a few minutes every few hours.
I miss Freenas 9 so much haha.