TrueNAS ESXi fileshares no space available

jayecin

Explorer
I am not 100% sure this is a truenas issue, but hopefully someone can help. I am trying to install TrueNAS on ESXi, I am able to get the server up and running. I added 2 extra hard drives to the VM in ESXi, each 8TB with the intention of creating a pool out of them within TrueNAS. I am able to make a pool and create a dataset and share the drives. The problem I am having is that if I try to transfer a large amount of data at once to the new shared drives in TrueNAS i get an error saying I need additional space, specifically the exact amount of data I am trying to copy. So I am trying to copy around 2TB of data from an external hard drive connected via USB to the mapped shared drive on my computer. I can transfer smaller files or individual files from the same source and destination, but when I try to move them all at once or really large files i get that error.

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
I am not 100% sure this is a truenas issue, but hopefully someone can help. I am trying to install TrueNAS on ESXi, I am able to get the server up and running. I added 2 extra hard drives to the VM in ESXi, each 8TB with the intention of creating a pool out of them within TrueNAS. I am able to make a pool and create a dataset and share the drives. The problem I am having is that if I try to transfer a large amount of data at once to the new shared drives in TrueNAS i get an error saying I need additional space, specifically the exact amount of data I am trying to copy. So I am trying to copy around 2TB of data from an external hard drive connected via USB to the mapped shared drive on my computer. I can transfer smaller files or individual files from the same source and destination, but when I try to move them all at once or really large files i get that error.
How are you connecting the drives to the TrueNAS VM?