TrueNAS Core-VM on Proxmox - The following system core files were found: python3.9.core

BensonHo

Cadet
Version:
TrueNAS-13.0-U4

I got Warning :

The following system core files were found: python3.9.core. Please create a ticket at https://ixsystems.atlassian.net/ and attach the relevant core files along with a system debug. Once the core files have been archived and attached to the ticket, they may be removed by running the following command in shell: 'rm /var/db/system/cores/*'.​

I dont know what is this and hwo to settle this isuus , i found that my truenas core couldn't login by Web UI after runing a period of time , i need to reboot this truenas core VM and get the UI login again 。

BensonHo

Cadet
Yes . SSH and Got the below error message :

Welcome to TrueNAS
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/sbin/hactl", line 171, in <module>
main(args.command, args.q)
File "/usr/local/sbin/hactl", line 17, in main
client = Client()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/client/client.py", line 286, in __init__
self._ws.connect()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/client/client.py", line 124, in connect
rv = super(WSClient, self).connect()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/ws4py/client/__init__.py", line 216, in connect
self.sock.connect(self.bind_addr)
ConnectionRefusedError: [Errno 61] Connection refused

Warning: the supported mechanisms for making configuration changes
are the TrueNAS WebUI and API exclusively. ALL OTHERS ARE
NOT SUPPORTED AND WILL RESULT IN UNDEFINED BEHAVIOR AND MAY
RESULT IN SYSTEM FAILURE.

uname -a
FreeBSD truenas.local 13.1-RELEASE-p7 FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE-p7 n245418-79e75956dbb TRUENAS amd64

ps axuww
1683779290154.png

Looks like a python process crashed.

I could login on the web UI again when i run service middlewared restart in CLI and the GUI came back, but after a period of time, the fault will reappear
I don't know how to settle this problem

Attachments

• truenas-log.txt
    8.4 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

chruk

Dabbler
Connection refused, not sure why that triggered a core dump but looks like there is connectivity issues, perhaps related to a firewall.