The following system core files were found: bash.core.

LIGISTX

Guru
Hi,

I got my first Truenas warning in damn near a decade (or, at least first warning that wasn't apparently obvious or user created).

This morning I upgraded from 13U4 to 13U5.3, all seemed fine. I also decided to enable ZFS features as I have been on 13U4 since release and didn't see any issues, so figured I would do both in one shot (maybe wasn't smart). This only popped up once I did a zpool upgrade and rebooted, it wasn't present after the initial reboot after upgrading to U5.3.

Code:
The following system core files were found: bash.core. Please create a ticket at https://ixsystems.atlassian.net/ and attach the relevant core files along with a system debug. Once the core files have been archived and attached to the ticket, they may be removed by running the following command in shell: 'rm /var/db/system/cores/*'.

Thoughts? I am a novice truenas user and wouldn't even know what logs IX would want me to upload as a result of this...

NugentS

MVP
Well - IX ask for:
1. A system debug - generated from the GUI
2. The core files - the message helpfully tells you where the core files are (so you can delete them). Getting them so you can upload them can be a bit of a ballache though
3. There is, at the top of the forum page a "Report a Bug" link. Mind you - you will need to set up a JIRA account to report the issue. Its not the friendliest system and I have had my account for long enough that I cannot remember how I set it up.