TrueNAS - Beginner issues ?

gshetler

Cadet
So I'm relatively new to the entire TrueNAS scene I am helping a friend of mine out with fixing his issue and I've reached this strange hiccup that I was hoping some of you experienced individuals may be able to help with.

When I place the boot-drive in another PC I recieve no errors and everything boots fine. Inside of the server he gave to me this is the issue I have regardless of troubleshooting: (see photo below)

I'm assuming I could just wipe the drives, resintall TrueNAS Core and important existing boot pools from the storage drives?

Attachments

• IMG_7233.jpg
    IMG_7233.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 65

c77dk

Patron
You need to describe your setup per the Forum Rules (in red, in top menu). Right now there's nothing to troubleshoot with.

I'm assuming I could just wipe the drives, resintall TrueNAS Core and important existing boot pools from the storage drives?
You mean import the data pools? The boot-pool is for the OS only (which can also contain a 16GB swap and log files.)

I think you mean you'll re-install TrueNAS to the same boot drives, upload the config file, and then reboot back to where you were. (You did export the config file, yes?)

gshetler

Cadet
Yes I did, I was just double checking from someone experienced so I didn't lose data in the process. I however regret not reading the documentation that states just that in the first place lol.