TrueNAS-12.0-U1: Intermittent Connectivity Issues

magicchicken

Dabbler
Not sure if anyone else has experienced the same issue. Any guidance would be great.

For a while now I have been experiencing intermittent connectivity issues from devices (Windows, Android) in the house to my NAS box. Specifically, the issues are inability to connect to the SMB shares and inability to connect to the TrueNAS GUI. What's strange is, when I can't connect, the problems are not consistent. As an example, sometimes I can still connect to the TrueNAS GUI but not the shares and other times I can't connect to anything. Also, whenever there are connectivity issues, I can still access my plex plugin e.g. web management admin and stream media within the house from any device (Windows, Android, smart TV's).

To troubleshoot I generally switch WIFI connection points within the house, reboot the client device and sometimes reboot the server. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. Rebooting the server seems to fix the issue more often than not though.

I'm running TrueNAS-12.0-U1.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Usually something like this is because of duplicate ip addresses. Make sure you didn't set a static ip address that's in your dhcp range.

magicchicken

Dabbler
Usually something like this is because of duplicate ip addresses. Make sure you didn't set a static ip address that's in your dhcp range.

I do have static IP's and my DHCP range is set to 192.168.0.3 - 192.168.0.254. The address reservation for my NAS is 192.168.016. I'll change the range and also the address reservation for my NAS and see how that goes.

Thank you so much for the advice here. I've had this problem for ages and it's been driving me nuts.