TrueNAS 12 not showing my disks in WebUI

Recreabox

Cadet
Hello ! It's my 1st post on this forum.

I have succesfully installed many times FreeNAS 11.2, or 11.3. But i recently tried to install the new 11.3U2 and even TrueNAS 12 Final, but for both i can't find my 2 1 To WD Enterprise disks on the webUI... It's really strange cause i retried the older versions and i've been able to see my disks and create a pool.

But i can find my disk using the shell. Check out my attached pictures.

Server model : HP Proliant ml310e gen8 v2
CPU : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz
RAM : 12 Go
2 x 1 To Western Digital Enterprise for pools
USB Stick for OS (TrueNAS 12 Final)

1588154359499.png
list disk on shell.png

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
The disks may contain data already, so TrueNAS won't show them to you if they aren't part of a pool, but have data.

you can try

gpart destroy -F /dev/ada0
gpart destroy -F /dev/ada1

You may also need to partition them manually... not sure about it, so check first.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
What do you mean TrueNAS 12 "Final"? 12 is pre-alpha at this point.

Recreabox

Cadet
The disks may contain data already, so TrueNAS won't show them to you if they aren't part of a pool, but have data.

you can try

You may also need to partition them manually... not sure about it, so check first.

I have done other install to verify something. I will make another new install of TrueNAS 12 and will tell you if it works.

What do you mean TrueNAS 12 "Final"? 12 is pre-alpha at this point.

Yes sorry, it's TrueNAS 12 MASTER

Recreabox

Cadet

you can try

I putted your commands in the shell but i don't see drives on the webui, nothing change...

douglasg14b

Dabbler
Rebooting is *not* a solution to this issue IMHO. Every time I offline a disk and then add it back in I need to restart my server for it to show back up in the GUI...?

Disk shows via `geom disk list` but just doesn't under Storage/Disks. I can `zpool mport` the pool the disk is for as well and that suceeds, but the disk still doesn't show up in the GUI.

And the pool doesn't show up under /mnt/ either.... even though it shows as online?

How can this be resolved without rebooting?

Last edited:

sretalla