TrueNAS-12.0-RELEASE broke my samba shares

clizana

Cadet
Hello,
First of all i've been reading for the past 4 hours in different forums and places but nothing works for me and my frustration at this point is making me crazy.
I upgraded to truenas from freenas (last stable version) and now when i try to connect to a windows share (via writting the folder url in the explorer window or mounting a network drive) keep asking me for the password saying its incorrect.
Here is the list of things i've read and tried (I use root:wheel as user:group):

1. Change password of the user.
  2. Enabled and disabled things like NetBios-NS, NTLMv1 Auth, SMB1 Support. Not all at once, one by one and combining them.
  3. Removing credentials from windows
  4. Trying to connect from a mobile phone with a network app that worked before the update
  5. Creating a new share from scratch
  6. Restarting my truenas server
  7. Disabling and enabling SMB service
  8. Browsing the mounts via shell and verifying the permission with getfacl (root:wheel are the user:group)
Nothing worked.

Im out of ideas and full of frustration that a simple update broke the whole share thing.
Any help?
Maybe I need to do something about ACL and im not doing it or i just don't know at this point...

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hello,
First of all i've been reading for the past 4 hours in different forums and places but nothing works for me and my frustration at this point is making me crazy.
I upgraded to truenas from freenas (last stable version) and now when i try to connect to a windows share (via writting the folder url in the explorer window or mounting a network drive) keep asking me for the password saying its incorrect.
Here is the list of things i've read and tried (I use root:wheel as user:group):

1. Change password of the user.
  2. Enabled and disabled things like NetBios-NS, NTLMv1 Auth, SMB1 Support. Not all at once, one by one and combining them.
  3. Removing credentials from windows
  4. Trying to connect from a mobile phone with a network app that worked before the update
  5. Creating a new share from scratch
  6. Restarting my truenas server
  7. Disabling and enabling SMB service
  8. Browsing the mounts via shell and verifying the permission with getfacl (root:wheel are the user:group)
Nothing worked.

Im out of ideas and full of frustration that a simple update broke the whole share thing.
Any help?
Maybe I need to do something about ACL and im not doing it or i just don't know at this point...
root is not a permitted SMB user in 12.0. Best suggestion is to create a user account in the GUI and use it for auth.