TrueCharts Plex Help

panzerscope

Contributor
Hello all,

I have installed Plex from the TrueCharts Repo on my SCALE instance. However I have come to a stopping point as it is a little different from the official version of the plugin. I am stuck on where to do two things:

1. Point plex so its sees my media directory
2. Give Plex its own IP.

Could anyone give me some tips ?

Many thanks,
P

danb35

Hall of Famer
1. Point plex so its sees my media directory
I'd think this would be the same as for any other app, under Configure Additional app storage:
1655659415621.png

2. Give Plex its own IP.
I don't believe this is possible.

panzerscope

Contributor
Thanks, however when I go to that section, some of the options under "Configure Additional app storage" are a little confusing and I am not sure what I should be setting here as there seems to be a few different criteria. Is there a guide on setting up Plex via the TrueChart edition ? I tried a fair few searches but did not find anything conclusive on how to add in your media storage.
I'd think this would be the same as for any other app, under Configure Additional app storage:
View attachment 56233

I don't believe this is possible.

danb35

Hall of Famer
I'm not aware of a guide (though a quick search on YouTube finds this and this), and this really isn't the main support channel for TrueCharts as I understand it. But to the extent I've played with their stuff, the defaults usually work, so the only thing you'd really need to concern yourself with is the name, the host path, and where to mount it in the container. For type of storage, leave it set to the simple default.

Now, with this said, that's what I'm intending to do, but I haven't yet installed Plex, so this is my best guess.