Plex on Scale, no "server"? and Truecharts permission problem

sanderb2001

Cadet
Quick question here,
I’m trying to install Plex on my TrueNAS scale.
Everything is up to date.

If i install the official Plex app and login with my account i don’t have a “server” Plex tells me “Get Plex Media Server”…..
So I’ve sort off installed Plex but not the server part? Or has this something to do with the fact I don’t have a Plex Pass?
During first time startup it also does not prompt the Server-setup page.
It did always work on my old TrueNAS Core install…

figure1.PNG

Then I tried the TrueCharts Plex app. This one does seem to have the server part, but when I add my folder that I added true the “Configure Additional app storage” option I can see the folders and files that are in there but Plex can’t scan the library its “empty” according to Plex..

This is possibly an permissions problem I think, but what is the user id of Plex when using the truecharts app. With the official one it is 1000, but with the truecharts install I can’t seem to figure it out.

this is how i have the permissions set at the moment, but even if i set other to read write and execute it still cant scan the libary..
figure2.PNG

Anybody here any thoughts? I would like to install the official app but I have a weird bug or so? Or can it be a Plex pass thing?
If so then I would go for the Truecharts one, but does anybody know what the right permissions should be?

Thanks!
Sander

Last edited:

LarsR

Guru
did you create a new plex claim token and added it while creating the app?