TruCommand (hosted) and Wireguard requirement question...

Coreyoli

Cadet
Good morning,

I'm looking at signing up for the hosted Trucommand and had a quick question about the wireguard requirement... Once the setup is complete I'm assuming wireguard is required to be running at all times, correct? This would require it to be installed on a server or other device that is available 24x7..?

Am I missing something here?

Thanks,

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
As I understand it, the wireguard tunnel is set up between the TrueNAS host and the TrueCommand instance directly, no additional server would be involved.

Happy to be corrected by someone who has used that service.

Coreyoli

Cadet
As I understand it, the wireguard tunnel is set up between the TrueNAS host and the TrueCommand instance directly, no additional server would be involved.

Happy to be corrected by someone who has used that service.

I'm really hoping that's how it is, I would hate to have to maintain an ongoing wireguard installation, if I didn't have to..

sretalla