Tryin to understand host path and mount paths for wireguard app.

Hello, I'm trying to setup a wireguard service on my TrueNas scale installation so I can backup and access my saved files when I'm not at home. But I have very limited knowledge on the Linux based file systems used. I have the Wireguard app installed and setup and can login to the webUI from outside my local network but I dont have access to my hard drives. I'm assuming this is because I don't have a host path set in the settings for the app. I can easily point the Host path setting to the hard drive I'm wanting access to, however I don't understand what it's asking for in the "mount path in POD" section. I don't understand what a POD is and I don't know to set this correctly. If someone could please help me understand what a POD is and where to point this setting to I would greatly appreciate it. I tried Googling for like an hour and can't find anything realted to my issue.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
A POD is what Kubernetes calls the environment where it runs an app.

Think of it as your app.

Since your app is a container, it has its own paths, separate from your host system, so for something on the host to be seen by the app, you would give it a path inside the POD by using the Persistent Storage option in the App's config.

Black_Duck

Explorer
Hello, I'm trying to setup a wireguard service on my TrueNas scale installation so I can backup and access my saved files when I'm not at home. But I have very limited knowledge on the Linux based file systems used. I have the Wireguard app installed and setup and can login to the webUI from outside my local network but I dont have access to my hard drives. I'm assuming this is because I don't have a host path set in the settings for the app. I can easily point the Host path setting to the hard drive I'm wanting access to, however I don't understand what it's asking for in the "mount path in POD" section. I don't understand what a POD is and I don't know to set this correctly. If someone could please help me understand what a POD is and where to point this setting to I would greatly appreciate it. I tried Googling for like an hour and can't find anything realted to my issue.
I'm not sure a host path is what you are looking for.
As I understand it:
  • you want to access your network drives remotely.
  • You have installed Wireguard (or wg-easy?).
  • You can log into your local network remotely and can access the webUI (I assume for the Truenas server).
If the above is true then you should be able to access your drives by mounting/mapping the network drive to your client
On a Mac, go to Finder>GO>"Connect to Server.." and enter "smb://[your server ip address]".
On windows you need to map the network drive. On the File Explorer ribbon, select More > Map network drive.