Trouble Uploading saved configuration database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cainram

Dabbler
I have been running build FreeNAS-9.2.1.6-RELEASE-x64 (ddd1e39) for over a year on a SuperMicro X9DRi-F motherboard with 16gb ECC RAM, primarily as a Plex server. 8 X 4tb drives in RAIDZ2. Works beautifully. Last week I upgraded to 32gb ECC RAM. No problems. Today I attempted to upgrade to the latest release using the FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201509022158 iso. I removed my old 8gb Kingston 8gb flash drive and put in two 8gb SanDisk Cruzer Facet drives, plugged in an optical drive with the burned iso and off we go. Installation went off without a hitch and after switching from legacy BIOS to UEFI I was able to reliably boot the new install (that is another story...).
The new installation seems legit and I was able to import my old volume without issues. However, when I attempt to upload my old configuration file, the 'upload' button changes to 'please wait' and it remains that way. No reboot, nothing. If I close the dialog with the X in the upper right hand corner, I can go about my business as though I had done nothing at all. There are no console messages on the monitor I have connected to the physical server.

Has anyone seen this behavior before? Is there a way to restore this database from the command line? Thoughts?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
How to restore manually...

-Copy the "old" config file to /data, overwriting the /data/freenas-v1.db that already exists.
- # touch /data/needupdate
- # shutdown -r now

Poof... manually imported. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.