9.2.1.9 to 9.3 database upgrade fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Grabowski

Dabbler
Hi,

I've been running FreeNAS 9.2.1.9-RELEASE-x64 for a while and it's been very stable. This system has been upgraded a few times - it's been around since, I think, 2013. I've been wanting to upgrade to 9.3 for a while, but the last time I tried the upgrade, things got really wonky, so I've stuck with 9.2.1.9.

Hardware: GigaByte GA-880GM-USB3L, 8GB RAM, AMD FX-4170 processor

Since my current boot media is only 4GB and 9.3 requires 8GB, I figured that the easiest migration path would be to do a fresh install of 9.3 to new 8GB media, and then restore the 9.2 config file.

Installation goes smoothly to the new media. After reboot and uploading the database backup through the GUI and restarting, the update fails. The update.failed file is attached to this post.

It sounds to me like the database is corrupt. Is it worth trying to fix it, or would I be better off just trying to rebuild it from scratch in a fresh install of 9.3?

Database integrity check fails:

# sqlite3 /data/freenas-v1.db "pragma integrity_check"
*** in database main ***
Multiple uses for byte 166 of page 150
On tree page 153 cell 6: Rowid 95 out of order (previous was 96)
On tree page 153 cell 8: Rowid 99 out of order (previous was 114)
On tree page 153 cell 19: Rowid 0 out of order (previous was 109)
Multiple uses for byte 57 of page 153
rowid 1 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_django_content_type_1
rowid 3 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_django_content_type_1
rowid 4 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_django_content_type_1
rowid 31 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_django_content_type_1
rowid 32 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_django_content_type_1
rowid 33 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_django_content_type_1
rowid 36 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_django_content_type_1
rowid 38 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_django_content_type_1
rowid 39 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_django_content_type_1
rowid 40 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_django_content_type_1
Error: database disk image is malformed

Database dump reports "database disk image is malformed" a few times, and I see at least a couple instances where text appears to be corrupt... i.e.,

INSERT INTO "django_content_type" VALUES(34,'Target ^Global Configuration','3ervices','iscsitargetclobalc^Zn&iguration');
INSERT INTO "django_content_type" VALUES(35,'Dxtent','servhces','isbsit<E2>rgetextent');
INSERT INTO "django_content_type" VALUES(41,'Targ%t / Ext%nt','servi$er',X'6973637369746172656574706F657874656E74');

Attachments

• freenas-update.failed.txt
    24.6 KB · Views: 294
D

dlavigne

You could try creating an error report at bugs.freenas.org so that the devs can fix the migration error, if that is what it is. If you do, post the issue number here. In the end, it may be easier to just recreate your configuration, depending upon how complex it was.

diedrichg

Wizard
This is exactly why I opted to spend about 4 hours reconfiguring a fresh 9.3 install a few days ago. You can boot to your old media and run a database check using cyberjock's database check script.
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?posts/113088
I took screenshots of each configuration screen using Greenshot rather than writing everything down.

Status
Not open for further replies.