Trouble setting up Services in Jails

ccowin

Cadet
So I've successfully set up a OpenVPN service in a jail and went to apply that to another program and I'm having a lot of difficulty. The other program is called mlbserver and it basically allows you to set up a IPTV stream for baseball games. I can run it manually just fine, but would like it to run automatically even if I restart. I've tried running it through a daemon and just by itself but nothing works it always gives an error: /etc/rc.d/mlbserver: WARNING: run_rc_command: cannot run mlbserver

I set mlbserver_enabled=YES on sysrc

and here is my /etc/rc.d/mlbserver file:
Code:
# REQUIRE: LOGIN
# KEYWORD: shutdown

. /etc/rc.subr

name=mlbserver
rcvar=mlbserver_enable

command=mlbserver

load_rc_config $name
run_rc_command "$1"

The value in rc.conf is mlbserver_enable=YES not enabled

ccowin

Cadet
Sorry I just typed it incorrectly on here, it was correct in the file

Just a shot in the dark based on what's provided. I'm not sure about mlbserver, although I love the sound of it.

Where and how did you install a FreeBSD port for mlbserver?

Yes. That's what I was thinking.

Also just curious what user does it run as when you run it manually? I'm wondering if you need to specify the full path to mlbserver directory, where ever it might be? It lists . /etc/rc.subr which does not look right.

ccowin

Cadet
Through NPM, although I guess I wouldn't call that a port, correct?

I think I was able to get the script working which then sent me to a node error which was good as I had gotten to the next step.
I was able to get it to start working when I used daemon command to set the it to run as the root user.