SOLVED etherpad in a jail | rc.d script

Making Etherpad run a jail locally is straight forward.
install git npm and node, clone the git, run.sh and you're good.

Now I'm struggling to have it start and run as a service. So far I've put together this rc.d script which is not working:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
#

# PROVIDE: etherpad
# REQUIRE: LOGIN
# KEYWORD: shutdown
#
# Add the following line to /etc/rc.conf to enable etherpad:
#
# etherpad_enable="YES"
#

. /etc/rc.subr

name="etherpad"
rcvar=${name}_enable

start_cmd="${name}_start"
#stop_cmd="${name}_stop"

load_rc_config $name

etherpad_user="etherpad"
procname="java"

pidfile=/var/run/etherpad/etherpad.pid
daemon_args=" -c -f /usr/local/www/etherpad-lite/src/bin/run.sh"
etherpad_start()
{
    su -l ${etherpad_user} -c "/usr/sbin/daemon ${daemon_args}"
}

run_rc_command "$1"

I'd appreciate some ideas?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I'd appreciate some ideas?
Since you're starting a shell file, I'm not sure if you aren't going to need to pass it via the shell interpreter... like /bin/sh ...

Since you're starting a shell file, I'm not sure if you aren't going to need to pass it via the shell interpreter... like /bin/sh ...
it's a pitty, would have been an easy fix, but it is not working.

There is a whole bunch of script examples on the github, unfortunately missing FreeBSD.

I had hoped to patch something together from there, but noticed I lack the knowledge...

sretalla