Trouble disabling DHCP IP on interface on multi NIC

dj423

Dabbler
Running Scale 22.12, with two NIC's (first is 1Gb Ethernet)- the one not allowing static IP. First nic on the board is enp7s0, that I built the system connected to a non tagged port on the switch, with a dhcp address and I was off to the races. I added in enp4s0 a 10G sfp+ card with a vlan interface (tagged-99), with a static IP - that one works fine, (on another management vlan) in addition to the 1g ethernet. enp7s0 is using dhcp, and I would like to static address it, so I added an alias in the GUI, and set the IP and mask bits, and when I go to test settings, and it comes back to the dhcp config.

The address is open, but the non tagged interface insists on the dhcp address. The default route is on the non tagged interface (enp7s0), and I have set a static route to the 0.0 network - which is the management vlan. When I disable dhcp and go to test, both NIC's drop out off the network, on both network segments. When it is dhcp everything communicates fine.

If anyone has ran through this drill, let me know. I read a few others issues, but I have tried, tested, and verified both networks are working, just won't take the static v4 address. Not using anything with ipv6. Everything else is running like a clock, just this goofy interface IP. Even tried rebooting it, as I was still configuring storage. Do I need to disable all shares before changing addresses? The static management vlan I thought was solid before attempting to change the 1g interface in hopes of having a backup out of band static interface before I start moving larger files. But will leave it dhcp for now, just one of the last details. Thanks for such a cool storage platform!

dj423

Dabbler
Update: Got the static IP address set on enp7s0, did it from the console. The only thing I can't change is the default gateway now. Says unreachable when I set it at the console or in the GUI. The current gateway is 192.168.1.1, and would be ideal to change it to the management vlan99 (192.168.0.11) to gateway of 192.168.0.1. When I go into the shell, I am able to ping to 192.168.0.1, so no issues there. The web UI is working on the tagged interface (0.11), and the shares are bound to the tagged interface, so not sure why it won't let me change the default gateway. So far I have kept the test shares and everything is working, just appears to be routing all traffic through the 1g NIC. Thanks