Transmission won't connect to peers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bxtreme

Dabbler
Hi everyone, I just set up my freenas 8 box (64 bit) today and I'm trying to get transmission to work. I've set up a jail where the ip gateway is 192.168.1.11 and the gobal config gateway is 192.168.1.10. I can access the Web GUI for transmission just fine through the default port. However, when I try downloading a torrent, it won't even start. It tries, but never downloads anything. I check the network config from trans web gui, and I see: Port is Closed. I am using the default port. Also on my router, I have the 51413 port forwarded to the jail ip (192.168.1.11)

Also, I only have one network interface set up (only one NIC on the machine) and it is set up for the 192.168.1.10. Not sure if that matters, would I need one for the jail?

Can anyone please help me? Thanks for any help in advance!

Bxtreme

Dabbler
No one has any ideas? After some researching, I found out that I can't ping a computer outside of my network from inside the jail. Here is what I get from trying to ping google:

[root@xavier ~]# jexec 1 csh
software# ping -c 1 www.google.com
PING www.google.com (74.125.227.51): 56 data bytes

--- www.google.com ping statistics ---
1 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss
software#

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I don't know much about jails, but why would you configure a gateway IP to be a different IP than what your actual gateway is? if the jail is in the same subnet as the rest of your computers/network, then it needs to point to the real gateway, otherwise it has no idea where to send traffic.

is part of the jail process configuring a completely different network? i will go read a bit about installing plugins.

Bxtreme

Dabbler
When you create a jail, you are asked to provide another ip address in your network to direct traffic to.

Also, I just realized I cant ping google.com from either my FreeNas ip (192.168.1.10) OR my jail (192.168.1.11).

Now I'm wodering if my global config is correct...

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
either the documentation is wrong or you are misreading it:
Code:
input an IP address that is reachable by the FreeNAS® system and which is unique on the network 

i dont see anything in there about providing an ip address to DIRECT traffic to

if your FREENAS ip is 192.168.1.10 why would you set itself as the gateway?

YOUR ROUTER IS YOUR GATEWAY

Bxtreme

Dabbler
Issue resolved! I put in the wrong gateway. Sorry, pirateghost you were on the right track lol. Im just a total networking noob :)

Status
Not open for further replies.