Transmission won't connect to trackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavin

Dabbler
The trackers are fine. I can download with uTorrent on my computer, but Transmission won't connect to them. They either say "Connection failed" or "Could not connect to tracker. Transmission was set up properly before and was working. I guess this happened about 2 weeks ago because some shows failed to download.

I didn't change any setting or configuration. When I download with uTorrent onto my computer, Transmission will find it and connect to local.

What steps should I take to figure out what's wrong? Transmission is properly port forwarded through my router. I noticed that there is an update for the plugin.

I am running transmission-2.82-amd64 on FreeNAS-9.2.1.8-RELEASE-x64.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
The trackers are fine. I can download with uTorrent on my computer, but Transmission won't connect to them. They either say "Connection failed" or "Could not connect to tracker. Transmission was set up properly before and was working. I guess this happened about 2 weeks ago because some shows failed to download.

I didn't change any setting or configuration. When I download with uTorrent onto my computer, Transmission will find it and connect to local.

What steps should I take to figure out what's wrong? Transmission is properly port forwarded through my router. I noticed that there is an update for the plugin.

I am running transmission-2.82-amd64 on FreeNAS-9.2.1.8-RELEASE-x64.
The update likely woundn't fix this. You might want to see if you can ping some tracker addresses from your transmission jail.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Sounds more like a network issue. How are you connected, UPnP or a manually specified port? Have you checked the port specified in transmission to see if it's actually open?

Gavin

Dabbler
I cannot ping from Transmission:

Code:
root@transmission_1:/ # ping google.ca
PING google.ca (216.58.216.163): 56 data bytes
ping: sendto: No route to host
^C
--- google.ca ping statistics ---
8 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss

I can ping from Sickbeard:

Code:
root@sickbeard_1:/ # ping google.ca
PING google.ca (216.58.216.163): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 216.58.216.163: icmp_seq=0 ttl=57 time=18.083 ms
64 bytes from 216.58.216.163: icmp_seq=1 ttl=56 time=16.222 ms
64 bytes from 216.58.216.163: icmp_seq=2 ttl=57 time=18.355 ms
64 bytes from 216.58.216.163: icmp_seq=3 ttl=57 time=15.727 ms
^C
--- google.ca ping statistics ---
4 packets transmitted, 4 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 15.727/17.097/18.355/1.140 ms

I have a static internal IP address mapped to each Jail's MAC address. As I remember, Transmission required a manual port forward, which is still enabled in the router with protocol set to both.

MtK

Patron
Can you ping an IP directly?
If so, check that you have a nameserver set in /etc/resolve.conf
Also, check that you have a gateway set for your jail...

Bidule0hm

Server Electronics Sorcerer
There is a bug with VIMAGE: when checked I can't ping anything on the WAN or my gateway but I can ping everything else on the LAN, you can see the details here and here ;)

I don't know if it's related to your problem but if it can help...

Gavin

Dabbler
I fixed it. I just decided to change the port number for the Transmission plugin and in the router port forward to see if that will work and it worked. I changed it back and it still works.

Status
Not open for further replies.