Transmission unable to move files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amsoil_Jim

Contributor
So I installed transmission following this blog post https://www.zufallsheld.de/2013/11/...n-couchpotato-sickbeard-dlna-server/#sickrage
I added a torrent to transmission using its webGUI and it downloaded to the incomplete folder and then upon completion it is unable to move the completed file to the download folder. Even if I go in and try to "Set Location" there is an error
transmission_1 transmission-daemon[8371]: Couldn't create "//Downloads": Permission denied (utils.c:424)
transmission_1 transmission-daemon[8371]: Couldn't create "//Downloads": Permission denied (utils.c:424)
transmission_1 transmission-daemon[8371]: "file-name" error moving "media/incomplete/"file-name" to "//Downloads/"file-name": Permission denied (torrent.c:3099)

As I type this I see that its trying to create a Folder "//Downloads" and i'm not sure why its going this. The blog post says to the the download location to "/media/downloads" which I did.
lcs0idO.png

but set location comes up as //Downloads
yTBMiCt.png

perhaps since i'm new to FreeNAS I am missing something in that blog post, i did notice that it is old but figured it would still work. thank you for any help.

I have just been using transmission on a ReadyNAS and needed more storage space which is why I went with FreeNAS, it has not been an easy transition though.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I think that "Download to" setting will only apply to future torrents added to transmission. but, that is the proper place to set you completed downloads folder.

I don't know what the 'Set Location' setting does.

Amsoil_Jim

Contributor
I'm not sure what the proper way to fix this is but I went into the share from my iMac and moved the file out of the incomplete folder and into the downloads folder and then just went back into the transmission GUI and set the location to the new location and then verified and its all good now. but then I accidentally downloaded another torrent to that //Downloads folder so I just stopped the torrent and removed it and downloaded it again but made sure the location was correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.