Transmission or Radarr rights issue on movie directory?

hexapanda

Cadet
Hi guys,

I am setting up my Radarr/Sonarr/Transmission combo on TrueNAS.
I am at the point where I have the following error when I select a movie to download on Radarr:
Error: Permission denied (/mnt/downloads/complete/<movie name>)

I have a transmission user/group setup with ID 921 for transmission. They have the rights on /mnt/downloads/complete:
[I]drwxrwx---+ 3 transmission transmission 3 Jan 19 23:11 complete/[/I]

But when I choose to download the movie, there is a movie directory that is created inside the /mnt/downloads/complete folder, which is normal, but it has no rights:
d---------+ 2 transmission transmission 2 Jan 19 23:11 <movie directory>

I thought this problem came from the "umask" setting in settings.json from Tranmission. But trying 2 (and also 18 and 0) values changed nothing. It still creates the movie dir without any rights.
I made sure that transmission is run with my "transmission" user. Both user and group transmission are id 921 under the jail, which are the same as my user and group under TrueNAS, which have the ACL rights on the mounted folder (recursively).

I don't understand what is missing there. The odd thing is that the automatically created movie directory is as expected owned by my transmission user. So transmission should be able to set the rights as I asked him to. Can someone help me find out where is this rights issue from?

Thanks a lot !

Berkyjay

Contributor
Hi guys,

I am setting up my Radarr/Sonarr/Transmission combo on TrueNAS.
I am at the point where I have the following error when I select a movie to download on Radarr:
Error: Permission denied (/mnt/downloads/complete/<movie name>)

I have a transmission user/group setup with ID 921 for transmission. They have the rights on /mnt/downloads/complete:
[I]drwxrwx---+ 3 transmission transmission 3 Jan 19 23:11 complete/[/I]

But when I choose to download the movie, there is a movie directory that is created inside the /mnt/downloads/complete folder, which is normal, but it has no rights:
d---------+ 2 transmission transmission 2 Jan 19 23:11 <movie directory>

I thought this problem came from the "umask" setting in settings.json from Tranmission. But trying 2 (and also 18 and 0) values changed nothing. It still creates the movie dir without any rights.
I made sure that transmission is run with my "transmission" user. Both user and group transmission are id 921 under the jail, which are the same as my user and group under TrueNAS, which have the ACL rights on the mounted folder (recursively).

I don't understand what is missing there. The odd thing is that the automatically created movie directory is as expected owned by my transmission user. So transmission should be able to set the rights as I asked him to. Can someone help me find out where is this rights issue from?

Thanks a lot !
Did you ever figure out the issue? I'm having a similar problem.