FreeNAS-11.2-U7 step by step Plex, Transmission, Radarr & Sonarr jail permission problem

acchome

Cadet
Hi,

first this is my step by step setup. I installed Plex, Transmission, Radarr & Sonarr using the plugin. Next, I accessed the individual Jail using the shell in FreeNAS

command
jls

to get the number for the jail number #

command
jexec # tcsh

to find the UID for each of the jail users

command
id -u transmission

to get the uid 921 transmission inside each jails and I get user radarr uid 352 & user sonarr uid 351
once I figured these out, I created the users by going into the FreeNAS gui, Group first and assigning the GID to match those from the jail id.

Group plexuser User plexuser UID=921 ; transmission user
Group sonarr User sonarr UID=351
Group radarr User radarr UID =352
Group plex User plex UID =972

Next I create my dataset under the volume

Pool /Plex with sub dataset /Movies and /TV; I assigned the permission 775 & user radarr to /Movies & assigned the permission 775 & user sonarr to /TV.
Next I created another dataset /Shared with sub dataset /Downloads and the permission 775 & user plexuser.

Next I made the three users member of the individual groups radarr, plexuser, plex & sonarr so they were all members of each group.

To finish I created the mount points to link the jails in Plex; to access /data/movies & /data/tv
Source Destination
/mnt/vol/Plex/Movies /mnt/vol/iocage/jails/plex/root/data/movies
/mnt/vol/Plex/TV /mnt/vol/iocage/jails/plex/root/data/tv

I created the mount points to link the jails in Radarr; to access /data/movies & /data/downloads
Source Destination
/mnt/vol/Plex/Movies /mnt/vol/iocage/jails/radarr/root/data/movies
/mnt/vol/Shared/Downloads /mnt/vol/iocage/jails/radarr/root/data/downloads

I created the mount points to link the jails in Sonarr; to access /data/tv & /data/downloads
Source Destination
/mnt/vol/Plex/TV /mnt/vol/iocage/jails/sonarr/root/data/tv
/mnt/vol/Shared/Downloads /mnt/vol/iocage/jails/sonarr/root/data/downloads

This setting was meant to give permission for Transmission to download to /data/downloads
Source Destination
/mnt/vol/Shared/Downloads /mnt/redvol/iocage/jails/transmission/root/data/downloads

Problem that I get is no write permission to /data/downloads by radarr and the movies do not get transferred.
So I went into the jail for transmission and added radarr as a user to the jail database and sonarr.

command
pw useradd -n radarr -u 352 -d /nonexistent -s /usr/sbin/nologin
pw useradd -n sonarr -u 351 -d /nonexistent -s /usr/sbin/nologin

Then, I added these users to the group

command
pw groupmod plexuser -m radarr
pw groupmod plexuser -m sonarr

I must be missing something because I still don't get access permission for user radarr to access /data/downloads. If anyone can help that would be appreciated.