Transferring files from ReadNAS to FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amsoil_Jim

Contributor
I read a suggestion that says you can create a backup job on the ReadyNAS to transfer the files from the ReadNAS to a remote Rsync Server i.e. the FreeNAS.
When i set the destination Host to the IP of my FreeNAS server it successfully connects, then below is a box to chose a path, I tried putting in a dataset name and the path to it and it just gave me errors.
If I just left it with out a path where would it end up placing these files?

The directions were for ReadyNAS to ReadyNAS https://community.netgear.com/t5/Us...st-way-to-copy-files-between-NASs/td-p/849408

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
I tried putting in a dataset name and the path to it and it just gave me errors.
Please post a screenshot of your FreeNAS Storage tab, and state what path you tried.
If I just left it with out a path where would it end up placing these files?
Probably under / or /root, which would be undesirable. You could manually move them from there ...

Amsoil_Jim

Contributor
here is the screen shot. Made "ReadyNAS" trying to just send it there and then move the file to where ever I wanted after that.. I'm currently trying to drag and drop file in my iMac's Finder but I keep getting "you do not have permissions to some of the items" errors. very annoying

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 4.35.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 4.35.56 AM.png
    326.8 KB · Views: 305

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
To rsync to that dataset, the destination path would be <user>@<yourfreenasnameorip>:/mnt/Media/ReadyNAS.
Is that the path you used?
Do you have SSH enabled on FreeNAS (or are you trying to use an rsync daemon module)?
Does the user you're attempting to use with rsync have permission to write to that dataset?

Amsoil_Jim

Contributor
I tried path set to /mnt/Media/ReadyNAS
i wasn't sure if i would have to input a login and password

so i tried root and the password but still got invalid path.

I have FTP, NFS, Rsync, and SSH enabled.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 4.20.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 4.20.38 PM.png
    123.8 KB · Views: 316
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 4.21.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 4.21.04 PM.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 294

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
Do you have SSH password login enabled for root?

It's possible the ReadyNAS is expecting the remote to be a daemon. If so, you will need to set that up on FreeNAS.

Amsoil_Jim

Contributor
on the free has i added a Rsync module and chose the path /mnt/Media/ReadyNAS.
but this all seems to be all for not, because my ready was is and older DUO and they stopped updating the firmware quite some time ago and when I tried to add the new back up job the Apply button is greyed out, can't wait to not deal with that thing any more...

Status
Not open for further replies.