Failing to setup RSYNC task to Synology NAS

xbmcgotham

Dabbler
Hi all,

I have been searching on the forum and internet, even though I found some threats with some answers, they all seem to fail for me or are not completely similar to my situation.

Situation:
FreeNAS-11.3-U5
Readynas NAS RAIDiator 5.3.13 (Backup unit 1)
Synology DSM 6.2.2-24922 Update 4 (Backup unit 2)

First backup from Freenas to Readynas using RSYNC is working fine. I am not using any encryption or over ssh as this is an internal network. I did however created a specific user named rsync on both freenas and readynas that has write access to the "backup" share specially setup on the Readynas to receive the backup files. The Freenas pushes the data to the Readynas and I have only enabled the Rsync service and created for each data-set I like to backup a seperate rsync task in freenas.

For the second backup from Freenas to Synology I thought of just doing the same thing. So I enabled Rsync on the Synology, created the rsync user similar to that for the Readynas, and on the Freenas created a new Rsync task in the same way as I did above, but only change the "Remote Host" and "Remote Module Name" (to the default "NetBackup" share on the Synology).

When I than run this task, I am getting the following error:

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 349, in run
await self.future
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 387, in __run_body
rv = await self.middleware.run_in_thread(self.method, *([self] + args))
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/utils/run_in_thread.py", line 10, in run_in_thread
return await self.loop.run_in_executor(self.run_in_thread_executor, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/utils/io_thread_pool_executor.py", line 25, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 965, in nf
return f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/rsync.py", line 640, in run
f'rsync command returned {cp.returncode}. Check logs for further information.'
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] rsync command returned 73. Check logs for further information.

Whatever I do, it will not backup to the Synology NAS only to the ReadyNAS.

Really appreciate if some could assist and hopefully solve it with me.

Thanks in advance.

Ppriorfl

Dabbler
I know this is old but I also am completely failing to be able to enable rsync backups from truenas (scale) to a synology NAS. Did you ever solve this problem?