'Tis the season for a TrueNAS Mini X Giveaway!

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
You could just send me one...

Adrian

Contributor
When is the draw? How will the lucky winner be notified?

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
If you send me one, I would even take it with no disks to save you cost of disks and shipping... I have my own disks.

1608560817992.png

ThreeDee

Guru
If I win .. then I will finally be ... A WINNAR!!

Adrian

Contributor
When is the draw? How will the lucky winner be notified?
Found answers in the Terms and Conditions at the bottom of the giveaway page. Doh.
Draw within 3 business days of closure.
Notification by email to registered address in approximately 3 business days after the draw.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Thanks to iXsystems for having this Giveaway, very nice gesture on your part.

@Chris Moore With those drives I think you already won.

If I won, I would have to consider re-gifting it to my youngest son (he's 34 and medically retired from the Army, had some difficult times as many did) Then I could abuse him and use his system as my remote backup :wink: but he would love something like this, but then I'd become Technical Support for him, hum... Not sure I want to become that.

Whoever wins this will be a very happy camper. Good luck to everyone who entered.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Oh Chris - you are such a tease to those of us with beer tastes but tap water budgets... :tongue:
Those are used 4TB drives. As soon as I can do a disk wipe on them, I will be getting them out of here. Probably eBay. I also have a box, not all the way full, of 1TB drives. I would give the 1TB drives to anyone willing to pay the shipping, just to get them out of my house.

Constantin

Vampire Pig
I gave mine away to a local hospital. You'd be surprised how strapped these institutions can be for something as simple as a backup drive for staff in the research sector. Energy is not the problem, they have the servers, etc.

joeschmuck

Old Man
We have a winner (according to the giveaway website), someone called "Philip D". That exact name does not show up here in our forums user base but congrats to whoever that is.

Constantin

Vampire Pig
... ummm so if I change my screen name, does that count? :smile:

joeschmuck

Old Man
That is funny.

I am also known as Philip D on other forums, yea that's the truth... My shipping address is... LOL

ThreeDee

Guru
I'm pretty sure they misspelled my name ...again ..

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
I would still be happy to get one if they sent it to me.

Constantin

Vampire Pig
Speaking of which, since I have a spare Mini XL Ablecom CS-T80 chassis, is there a place on this board to give everyone notice in case they want to buy it?

The thing is great for anyone with cool drives and a mini-ITX board. My 4TB HGSTs didn't like it due to heat but anyone who wants a space-efficient solution would likely love the thing (esp. with helium, 5,900 RPM, or 2.5" drives). I even have a spare Chelsio SFP+ board I could throw in for free.

Last edited: