Thumb drive dissapears from boot device list after installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

rice.rockets

Cadet
Hi,

I've been trying to install Freenas on My acer Veriton M410.

I've tried 3 methods, first one is extracting the .img file using physdiskwrite, the one with win32diskimager and the one using the bootable install CD.

every time it's the same thing that happens, it finishes extraction/install and I go for a reboot to try and boot on it. My bootmenu doesn't see my Kingston DT101 8GB thumb drive anymore.. I have no way to boot from it.

is there something i'm doing wrong or that I forgot? Some would say my USB thumb drive might not work well with booting... But I've Used Hiren's boot CD on it and installed windows with as a bootable usb no problem.

this is how the usb partition looks on diskman :

goddagnit.png

thanks

rice.rockets

Cadet
Update: tried the thumb drive on another computer, it sees it in the bootmenu and boots! I fiddled around with the Veriton's Bios settings but no go... :( Maybe the solution will be to find another computer or install it on a small hard drive.

JaimieV

Guru
Is there a BIOS update for the M410? It's the BIOS that presents the boot menu.

rice.rockets

Cadet
Checked on Acer's support website and Nothing for that model... I guess I'll have to use some other hardware to run it. I'll try to use a regular HDD and install it on that. I have serveral small ones which I don't really care loosing the capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.