The dreaded Not secure/Cert question

bigdonk

Dabbler
Sure is, you need to use the internal hostnames and ports. See:
Wow, that was easy! You have been most helpful and its much appreciated. I am only a few months into this and completely new to servers. This community has been unbelievably great and extremely helpful.

bsaurusrex

Cadet
There was some remnants of a cert-manager install. I must have installed and removed it some time ago. After we cleared anything over 30 days using a shell command I was able to successfully install cert-manager and clusterissuer.
@bigdonk What was the command?

bigdonk

Dabbler
It should have been k3s kubectl delete --grace-period 30 --v=4 -k https://github.com/truecharts/manifests/delete4
I believe that is the command I ran. Thanks for posting that as I should have before.

bigdonk

Dabbler
It should have been k3s kubectl delete --grace-period 30 --v=4 -k https://github.com/truecharts/manifests/delete4
Oddly enough, I did some app and TrueNAS updates this morning and just noticed that for some reason my ACME DNS-Authenticator as well as my csr and cert was gone. Seems really strange that happened. Thanks to this thread I remembered how to add everything back.

Any reason those were removed with the updates?

danb35

Hall of Famer
The DNS-authenticator in the TrueNAS web UI (at Credentials -> Certificates)? No, I haven't seen that. Losing it in clusterissuer or the Truecharts apps? Yes, that's expected behavior with the update that rolled out at the end of last year:

bigdonk

Dabbler
The DNS-authenticator in the TrueNAS web UI (at Credentials -> Certificates)? No, I haven't seen that. Losing it in clusterissuer or the Truecharts apps? Yes, that's expected behavior with the update that rolled out at the end of last year:
In Credentials -> Certificates: It deleted my entries that were in there before the updates. So I just re-added Cloudflare in DNS and then my csr and cert. Then I had to go back into every app and tick cert-manager and put the cert name to get everything working again. I didn't have to make any changes in clusterissuer. Actually, I think I redid the API Token in there before I figured out the issue.

danb35

Hall of Famer
So I just re-added Cloudflare in DNS and then my csr and cert. Then I had to go back into every app and tick cert-manager and put the cert name to get everything working again.
These two things are unrelated--cert-manager doesn't have anything to do with the TrueNAS host certificate. Having to go back into every app, tick cert-manager, and enter the cluster-issuer name (or cert name if you're still using that deprecated method) is expected, as noted above.

bigdonk

Dabbler
These two things are unrelated--cert-manager doesn't have anything to do with the TrueNAS host certificate. Having to go back into every app, tick cert-manager, and enter the cluster-issuer name (or cert name if you're still using that deprecated method) is expected, as noted above.
Wow, its clear I am still learning. I just now figured out I was using both methods at the same time. Uhg! I had apparently used the same name for both and that's why I didn't notice. I never removed the old method when I changed to clusterissuer.

Well, at least I am now setup correctly using the clusterissuer name and removed the old entries.

maxermaxer

Cadet
I click "post reply too fast". I mean this thread has helped me resovlved the same problem that I couldn't in whole evening! Thanks!!