How to add SSL Cert generated by NOIP

Huszky

Cadet
So, I am not fully competent when it comes to networking, and I have failed add https to my truenas.
I have:
TrueNAS Scale, with a few apps (Jellyfin, HomeAssistant, etc) installed via manual Docker images (not using apps, but manually running Docker images through the UI).
I don't have a static IP so I am using noip to get a domain name (mysite.hopto.org for example). My router ha a ddns client for noip, so setting it up and doing portforwarding works as expected.
For HTTPS I tried following the TrueCharts video, but it assumes that I own the domain name and using cloudflare (wihch I am not). Noip now has free ssl certs and since it seems easy enought I would like to go through this route.
I have generated my private and public key using openssl and used them to create an SSL cert from the noip website. I have downloaded the certificates from the website but now I don't know how to use them. I can download: PEM Chain, PEM, DER, PKCS-7, and I also have the key and csr files that I have generated. I don't understend how to add these using the TrueNAS Scale GUI. I tought adding a new certificate would work, but it says that the certificate could not be validated. Which values from the files should I input to where on the GUI to add HTTPS?

azzad

Cadet
Download the pem certificate from noip. Open the .pem file using notepad. Copy the certificate including the begin/end certificate with all the dashes. But don't copy the blank line after the ending dashes.
Next on your Truenas GUI navigate to Credentials=>Certificates. Click on the add button under (parallel to) the Certificates header. Give the certificate a name, and under 'Type' drop down menu select 'Import Certificate'. Click next and tick the checkbox if you have the CSR on the server (Your openssl CSR should be on the system I believe), click next. Paste the certificate from noip's .pem file in the first dialog box and your private key in the 2nd dialog box. Passphrase is optional. Click next to verify the options and click save to save the ssl certificate.

Johnny5iv

Cadet
Also worth noting once the Certificate has been generated or add in ( if you are using your own Certificate Authority ) don’t forget to change the GUI SSL Certificate by going to System Settings > General > GUI (Settings) > swap from truenas_default certificate to the one your own cert.

Varun849

Cadet
So, I am not fully competent when it comes to networking, and I have failed add https to my truenas.
I have:
TrueNAS Scale, with a few apps (Jellyfin, HomeAssistant, etc) installed via manual Docker images (not using apps, but manually running Docker images through the UI).
I don't have a static IP so I am using noip to get a domain name (mysite.hopto.org for example). My router ha a ddns client for noip, so setting it up and doing portforwarding works as expected.
For HTTPS I tried following the TrueCharts video, but it assumes that I own the domain name and using cloudflare (wihch I am not). Noip now has free ssl certs and since it seems easy enought I would like to go through this route.
I have generated my private and public key using openssl and used them to create an SSL cert from the noip website. I have downloaded the certificates from the website but now I don't know how to use them. I can download: PEM Chain, PEM, DER, PKCS-7, and I also have the key and csr files that I have generated. I don't understend how to add these using the TrueNAS Scale GUI. I tought adding a new certificate would work, but it says that the certificate could not be validated. Which values from the files should I input to where on the GUI to add HTTPS?
How to get the private key ,I am very much confused because I have generated CSR ,if I add it to Certificates it needs private key