SSL Connection Issue

panzerscope

Contributor
Hello all,

I have been working on setting up SSL so that I can connect to my server externally, securely. I believe have everything setup in my routers correctly for forwarding traffic to my TrueNas server as I get a response. When using my domain URL to contact the server I get the following:

1672748281567.png

This leads me to believe there is a config error. I created a CSR which I used to get a CA Certificate from my provider. I have installed the CA on my system. However I noticed that on my Certificates page that my CSR is still in "Signature Pending". Could this be my issue ? If so how would I go about resolving it ?

My certs page looks as below: (I have obfuscated my domain, but used the same layout as my actual domain)

1672748873049.png

I have double checked the system time is correct as I know this can also throw out SSL, so we can take that factor off the table.

Apologies, I am new to installing and setting up anything related to SSL.

Many thanks,
P

panzerscope

Contributor
Update, but still need help.

So it is evident I need to add a Certificate Authority in order to sign my CSR. Makes sense. So I have go ahead and tried to create a Certificate Authority using the "Import CA" Option. I used the Certificate Key (As provided in my PEM file) and my Private Key as per my CSR.

When I go to save, I get the following error

ERROR.jpg

I have made sure that the key is copy and pasted exactly as is, with no rogue spaces, but I just cannot get it to accept it. I know the Private Key to work as I have already installed the Certificate, but for some reason the Certificate Authority will not accept it.

I did try adding a Certificate Authority without the Private Key, which works. However if I try to use the "Sign" option afterwards, it says I need a certificate with a Private Key.....

So I am a little lost on how to add a Certificate Authority to sign my CSR as I believe that is why my connections to my server cannot be authenticated.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
P

panzerscope

Contributor
So I resolved the problem in my last post. I was able to get the Certificate Authority sorted.

I have used the Certificate Authority to create my certificate by clicking on the "Sign CSR" button. I now have (to my knowledge) everything setup so far as the certificate chain. Oddly for some reason the CSR still shows as "Signing Pending", not sure if that is an issue. My setup is below.

Certs.png

When I set the GUI to use my new certificate, I get the following errors if using HTTPS/IP or if using my domain. Please see below. I feel I'm close, but something is clearly wrong .

Domain.png

IP.png

Any ideas ?