SWAP keeps filling up and then django crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metalmurphy

Cadet
I've been having this problem in one of my FreeNAS servers and I have no idea why this is happening:

untitledl1s5g.png

As you can see by the image the swap utilization keeps filling up until it django crashes, afterwards memory utilization halfs and I need to manually restart django, after which everything starts to work but swap starts filling up again.

Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening?

Thanks in advanced.

Last edited:

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Can you post system specs please?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
First thing I'd do is upgrade. You're using a release candidate. Upgrade to a release version and see if the issue persists. My recommendation would be 8.3.1.-p2-x64 which can be found at http://www.freenas.org/download-releases.html

Metalmurphy

Cadet
Well the server is currently on a datacenter so it's not going to be an easy thing to do, we'll update if/when we get the chance, but what I don't get is why this started happening all of the sudden, the server has been running for over 8 months with no problems.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I don't know. But using a release candidate in a production environment isn't recommended.

You do know you can do the upgrade from the GUI? Consult the manual for instructions on how to update.

Status
Not open for further replies.