Supermicro X9DRH-iF / IBM M1015 IT Crossflashed P20 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radix

Cadet
I've looked...and I absolutely fear that I've missed something and Cyberjock is gonna pounce me for not RTFM or using the forum search but I've done both. Here's the layout:

I have a Supermicro X9DRH-iF motherboard (no sata ports used), I have a m1015 flashed to IT mode at P20. I have a BPN-SAS2-826EL1 and a BPN-SAS2-846EL1 providing backplane expansion to 36 sata drives. I have 2x Sun F20 flashes (redundant log and redundant boot each with their own 24Gb slice of each of the cards), and a Sun F40 flash card for L2arc. I'm running the 9.10 Stable release train of FreeNAS.

Problem: I keep getting a warning that "WARNING: Feb. 20, 2017, 4:58 p.m. - Firmware version 109 does not match driver version 21 for /dev/mps1. Please flash controller to P21 IT firmware." I do understand that I don't need to worry about the version 21 driver conflicting with my version P20 firmware (the whole driver update but no firmware update fiasco)...but what on earth has a version 109? I only have the one m1015 in IT mode. Is this one of the backplanes creating this warning? If so why would a backplane expander driver matter since it's direct access to devices anyway or does it in fact matter a lot and I'm thinking about this incorrectly? I know I'm missing some blaring problem, but my eyes can't see it at this point. Some guru throw me a bone on where I should look next pretty please with a cherry on top!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Firmware version 109
Well, that's a new one.

Please file a bug report for this one. I (and the devs, so include it with the bug report) would like to see the output of:
sas2flash -listall

I have 2x Sun F20 flashes (redundant log and redundant boot each with their own 24Gb slice of each of the cards)
As an aside, that's a bad idea. The last thing an SLOG device needs is a competing application. Booting from a cheap SATA SSD is a much saner option.

Edit: Post #10 000! I thought it was 9 999. There goes the shameless self-congratulatory post opportunity.

Radix

Cadet
Well, that's a new one.

Please file a bug report for this one. I (and the devs, so include it with the bug report) would like to see the output of:
sas2flash -listall

As an aside, that's a bad idea. The last thing an SLOG device needs is a competing application. Booting from a cheap SATA SSD is a much saner option.

Edit: Post #10 000! I thought it was 9 999. There goes the shameless self-congratulatory post opportunity.
Just to complete the thread with the requested info:

Code:
[root@freenas ~]# sas2flash -listall                                           
LSI Corporation SAS2 Flash Utility                                             
Version 16.00.00.00 (2013.03.01)                                               
Copyright (c) 2008-2013 LSI Corporation. All rights reserved                   

Adapter Selected is a LSI SAS: SAS2008(B2)                             

Num   Ctlr            FW Ver        NVDATA        x86-BIOS         PCI Addr     
----------------------------------------------------------------------------   

0  SAS2008(B2)     20.00.07.00    14.01.00.08    07.39.02.00     00:04:00:00   

Finished Processing Commands Successfully.                             
        Exiting SAS2Flash. 

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Well, it's the latest version of the firmware, so something very weird is going on.

Did you file the bug report? If so, please post a link to it, for future reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.