Supermicro X11SPH-nCTF motherboard?

jsnas

Dabbler
I'm considering a build using the Supermicro X11SPH-nCTF motherboard (ie. Xeon-SP scalable processor) with Intel C622 chipset (with X722 + X557 10GbE LAN) and Broadcom 3008 SAS. I was wondering if this board should work reliably with FreeNAS 11.1? My main concerns are the 10GbE, SATA and SAS controllers. I'm assuming the 3008 SAS should be safe since that same chip has been used on X10 boards for the past couple of years, and I see that iXsystems is selling machines with the C622 chipset with SATA and X557 10GbE LAN. So all looks good on paper, but I just wanted to check on the FreeNAS forums to see what people think based on experience with new boards. Do you think this board has been out long enough to have all the major issues ironed out?

Nick2253

Wizard
From some quick research online, it looks like the board should have no problem with FreeBSD 11.1, which should mean no problems with FreeNAS.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
You will probably need FreeNAS 11.1 for the NIC, but that's about it.

alexxxxx_p

Cadet
Were you successful with running Freenas 11.1 on this Intel NIC? I have X11SPM-TF mainboard with the same NIC, and Freenas and freebsd (tried it just to be sure) refuse to acknowledge the existence of the network card.

Odesláno z mého HUAWEI RIO-L01 pomocí Tapatalk

alexxxxx_p

Cadet
Were you successful with running Freenas 11.1 on this Intel NIC? I have X11SPM-TF mainboard with the same NIC, and Freenas and freebsd (tried it just to be sure) refuse to acknowledge the existence of the network card.

Odesláno z mého HUAWEI RIO-L01 pomocí Tapatalk
Sigh...reset BIOS to defaults resolved the problem. NIC is present and working.

rio236

Dabbler
I'm considering a build using the Supermicro X11SPH-nCTF motherboard (ie. Xeon-SP scalable processor) with Intel C622 chipset (with X722 + X557 10GbE LAN) and Broadcom 3008 SAS. I was wondering if this board should work reliably with FreeNAS 11.1? My main concerns are the 10GbE, SATA and SAS controllers. I'm assuming the 3008 SAS should be safe since that same chip has been used on X10 boards for the past couple of years, and I see that iXsystems is selling machines with the C622 chipset with SATA and X557 10GbE LAN. So all looks good on paper, but I just wanted to check on the FreeNAS forums to see what people think based on experience with new boards. Do you think this board has been out long enough to have all the major issues ironed out?
Have you decided on this motherboard and if so what chassis are you using?

Selassie

Dabbler
I have this board and using the following chassis from Gooxi; http://en.gooxi.com/goods-en/show-769.html
Very nice my problem is I have installed the latest version of Freenas but the NICS are only visible when connected to a 10GBe switch, once connected to a gigabit switch they seem not to be active. Also one one NIC seems to be active, I'm not sure if its a Freenas issue, although I have updated the motherboard to the latest version.
Screenshot 2019-09-05 13.18.16.png