Stuck here with offsite backup :'(

help!

Explorer
So i have tailscale on both machines and the routes set up,

but I cant figure out what im supposed to ping from my nas > nas set up? is it the machine adress in tailscale or the dns that always keeps the chaning ip thats offsite the same or the local adress ofr the nas as it thinks or is supposed to think its inside the same netowrk?

I cant visualise it and what im supposed to ping, and pinging the Truenas machine adress comes up with the error'' Destination Host Unreachable''

but another factor is there on different subnets, and this cant be changed s the other offsite address has a infrastructure of their own,

I have wireguard working no issue, to be able to login to the offsite location so thats not an issue, but its been sat there for two months and I cant get a task to back up yet,

as

does it work with data protection/replication if so how ?

do i need to Rsync? how do i do it without modules

what is the ssh adress the tailscale machine adress or the DNS or the ipadress that the DNS goes too?

as you can see its a bit overwhelming and im not used to the viutalisation of netowrk traffic as I have no prior background and have been stuck with no offsite backup for months.

thank you for any help and time anyone offers !

ChrisRJ

Wizard
Is it possible that the problem is about network setup and not offsite backup?

help!

Explorer
Potentially you know, hoenstly ive left it a month, but eager to get this off site backup going, whats the easiest way of doing it site to site,

ive already got the offsite accessable vi wireguard and Duckdns but the whole getting files sent over just keeps eluding me