strange permission behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

roozas

Cadet
Hi
I have this strange problem with my freenas 9.2.1.5. I've created nummerus accounts and in the begining they worked in both windows and via the ftp. But now only the ftp works, not the acces via windows "folders". Once I reedo the account settings for the user, windows "folders" logins without any troubles.

Example of a user permission and home folder: /mnt/Big-Disk/Users/Jonas permission 770.
As I said if a user tryes to connect to this via ftp he can login but if he tries via windows he gets acces denied this is for all the shares, so the user doesnt even get in/on the nas via windows. Rest of the shares have permisions 755, except for upload that have 777. Allso the the current user is in the group friends that is the groupowner of the shares. I as adminuser can acces allways, I am also the owner of the shares.

I also see this on the freenas screen. Matchname: Host name / name mismatch.

It somehow feels like freenas looses information about the accounts becouse it works again just by reetype the password in the accountmanager on the freenas.

I have searched endlessly for a solution, and I am starting to tear my hair of with this. I hope I explained it in a correct and understandeble way.

Thanks for any help
/Rooz

J

jkh

Set the permissions of the dataset containing Users/Jonah dataset to Windows/Mac ACL and apply them recursively.

Status
Not open for further replies.