No write AFP share (guest) and Windows error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToonVA

Cadet
Hello,

I was running FreeNAS for some time now but had some troubles so i started again from scratch.
At this moment i am running FreeNAS 9.2.1.7 with 16GB RAM in a 6x3TB RaidZ2 setup.

I would like to use the guest permission for most of my shares so i don't need to check on passwords. The shares will be used in an Windows and Apple environment (AFP CIF) and need to be used in guest mode.

The problem that i am having is that i can't write any file to my AFP shares. My setup and permissions are set to use the guest account "nobody" so that anybody can acces en write to this shares. From the moment i am trying to write a file, OSX will come up with a prompt for Username and Password. This is something that i am trying to avoid because it is an Home environment and there is no need to secure the shares.

Also under Windows, i am having troubles to write files larger than 4GB to the CIF shares. Windows creates error with following number "error "0x8007003B: An unexpected network error occurred". When i click "Retry" than everything is good and the copying continuos. I have no idea what this error is creating, but it is user unfriendly. I can't leave my desk when i am copying large amount of data because it needs user interacting every 10 minutes.

I don't have an exotic system or something like that, just Windows 7 Pro and Apple Macbook with OSX 10.9.5

Does anyone know these problems?

Screenshots:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dl4abcvdpin68ld/AAC0UN5pGoC7ApYaw5x6OwK_a?dl=0

ToonVA

Cadet
Nobody has an idea what i am doing wrong or where this problem could come from?

L

L

Sorry, yes.. change the nobody to guest. I actually walk through afp shares daily on the free freenas class.

also make sure when the setting the guest account to click on disable password login.

ToonVA

Cadet
This issue has been solved.

I installed freenas 3 more times from scratch and somehow it worked the last time.

I still have some problems with the transfer speed but i will open a new tread for this problem.

Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.