We just imported a volume and the drive pictured has the strangest name. This is obviously the volume status page and the only option is to replace and not to disable. What did I do wrong?
We just imported a volume and the drive pictured has the strangest name. This is obviously the volume status page and the only option is to replace and not to disable. What did I do wrong?
I've seen this as well on my system. It's been a while, but I think I had to use one of bidule0hm's scripts to id the drive. I think I powered down, removed the drive, powered up and inserted the drive. IIRC, one time it popped up all better, but another time I had to treat the drive as new and resilver using it.
I've seen this type of thing as well in the past when testing drive replacements. It looks like you are partially through a drive replacement procedure and have not finished the process since your pool is degraded still.
Are you following the user manual instructions to replace the drive? If not, I strongly suggest you do and figure out where you are so you can recover before you encounter data loss. Let us know exactly what you have done to date, don't leave anything out. Post the output of "zpool status" in code brackets.